Volunteer Day at Skylands Animal Sanctuary
Sun, October 24, 2021
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM EDT
50 Compton Rd, Wantage, NJ, 07461, United States (map
Spend the day with your fellow animal-loving veg squad, helping out a local sanctuary and farm animal rescue!
Please only RSVP if you are serious about attending. You are expected to be able to attend for the full 4 hours, arriving at least 15 minutes early to complete a waiver form and for orientation.
Typical volunteer activities may include mucking (cleaning up poop)/cleaning/refreshing animal stalls in the barn and outside, cleaning/organizing volunteer areas, gardening/maintenance work. Work boots and gloves are strongly encouraged.
If you're allergic to hay or have any similar allergies, please be aware this may be a high-exposure environment, and contact us in advance.
What to bring:
- Mask (optional, also helpful if you're sensitive to scents)
- Work boots (if you want to work around/visit with the cows, you'll need good protective shoes for your feet)
- Bug spray
- Poncho/jacket, weather-permitting
- Lunch/snacks, as food may be provided, but is not guaranteed. All food provided or brought on-site must be vegan.
- All volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- Volunteers of all abilities are welcome. If you have any limitations, please let us know beforehand so we can arrange for suitable work.
- Cancellations/no-shows/late arrivals will not be tolerated. Please contact us immediately if you cannot attend so we can ensure another volunteer can fill your spot.
- Photos/videos may be taken outdoors only.
- There is a portable toilet available outdoors by the red barn.
If you'd like to make a donation to the sanctuary, please visit https://skylandssanctuary.org/donate-2/ (or you can bring cash to the event).
Please contact the event organizer (Laura) directly via Meetup with any questions about this event.