Ube Kitchen: Filipino Vegan Kamayan Feast
Fri, July 12, 2019
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
815 Broadway, New York, NY, 10003, United States (map
This is a one-of-a-kind vegan filipino feast on banana leaves. We’re a 3rd year Smorgasburg vendor featured in NYTimes, VICE, Refinery29, Insider Foods, and Gothamist for our vibrant fruit sorbets, flan brûlée cupcakes, and frozen dessert bowls.
The Filipino tagalog word kamay means ‘hands’, but our hands-eating-optional vegan kamayan dinner feast in Manhattan’s East Village will feature an array of meat alternatives from exotic mushroom varieties such as oyster and snow to homemade seitan and tofu.
CLICK HERE TO SEE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS FROM PAST KAMAYAN FEASTS
Yahoo! Video Feature: https://www.instagram.com/p/Btd3pLNA97s/
Food will be ready to serve at at 7:00pm. Arrive by 6:45 for seating. Please indicate if you’re part of a group.
A table for self-service drinks will have:
- Butterfly pea calamansi
- A brilliant blue lime lemonade
- One choice of: Red wine, Modelo, and Corona beer
Served on the banana leaf. Utensils provided upon request.
- Filipino cucumber ensalada
- Mangos or watermelon slices
- Fried garlic white rice with chives
- Blanched bok choy and okra
- Pickled Filipino vegetables
- Kinilaw (Filipino ceviche) hearts of palm, mixed vegetables marinated with vinegar
- Homemade seitan BBQ skewers with pinakurat (vinegar) sauce *contains gluten*
- Lumpia (Filipino egg roll) marinated mixed veggies
- Pan-fried tocino seitan marinated in sweet banana ketchup & pineapple juice *contains gluten*
- Chili scallops made out of king oyster mushroom sauteed with fermented chili bean.
- Sinigang vegetable tamarind broth soup (tomatoes, okra, string beans, and bok choy)
- Kare-kare homemade seitan with eggplant, snow fungus, bok choy, banana blossom in a peanut sauce paired with bean bagoong (fermented black beans) *contains peanuts and gluten*
- Laing (Taro leaves simmered in coconut milk)
- Dinakdakan minced homemade seitan seasoned with: garlic, soy sauce, spring onions, red onions, red peppers, vegan mayonnaise, and lime to squeeze *contains gluten*
- Pan-fried tofu marinated with red onions, garlic, mixed bell peppers, spring onions, vinegar, and soy sauce
- Sauces include: garlic vinegar, banana ketchup
- Dessert will be ube coconut ice cream.
Note that Ube Kitchen is in a shared kitchen space with equipment that may have been used with peanuts and gluten. Please notify us if you have any food allergies, questions, or health concerns.
Ube Kitchen reserves the right to cancel the event no later than 72 hours before the scheduled date and refund all tickets if we do not reach minimum capacity of 20. Attendees can receive refunds up to 7 days before the event start date. No exceptions.
PHOTOGRAPHY & MEDIA:
Event may be filmed and photographed. Please let organizers know if you do NOT want to be seen on camera. Purchasing a ticket gives Ube Kitchen, LLC permission to take photos of you at the event for promotional use.
Send any questions to [email protected]
Visit Official Event Website