Looking for more than just an online cooking class about what to prepare while at home for COVID-19? What if there was a webinar that explained the important role of food in fighting the diseases commonly linked to poor COVID-19 outcomes, plus taught you just how to prepare those foods in delicious meals? Join me in my kitchen as I deliver an interactive, educational, and empowering cooking class that delivers all of this and more. If you or someone you know has diabetes, heart disease, chronic lung disease, cancer, or obesity, you cannot miss this class. Sign up today!
Each class will focus on a different topic that will help you as you begin to eat more fruits, vegetables, beans and whole grains into your daily diet.
Important note: The information provided during this program is not intended to advise or counsel individuals on nutrition, nor diagnose any disease. It is important to seek the advice of your medical doctor or other health care professional for your individual health concerns. Those who take medications for diabetes or high blood pressure may find these medications start working better than ever or even too well while participating in this program, and we encourage them to be in touch with their health care provider about evaluating their personal medication needs.
Class one: Immune-Boosting Foods
Class two: Healthy Blood Pressure
Class Three: Foods for a Healthy Heart
Class Four: Intro to How Foods Fight Diabetes
Class Five: Foods for a Healthy Weight
Take the class and complete the evaluation and you will be entered to win the following prizes:
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
• A 2-hour nutrition education and cooking demonstration class filled with information on how foods can treat diabetes
• Specific information about how certain foods and nutrients work to promote or discourage disease.
• Cooking demonstration of delicious healthful recipes that can be easily recreated at home. Yes, you will receive recipes you can use right away!
• Practical cooking skills and tips for incorporating healthful eating habits into daily life.
• A supportive and motivational atmosphere where you can take charge of your health with the foods that you put on your plate.
VIRTUAL CLASS FORMAT
• Class will be taught online via Zoom.
• Class participants will receive a special Zoom meeting link with instructions prior to the start date of the class to allow them to join the class.
• Nutrition education resources and all recipes demonstrated will be provided.
• Live, interactive discussion time and Q & A will take place during the class, including during the cooking demonstration.