Coalition for Healthy School Food w/ Amie Hamlin
Fri, April 16, 2021
7:00 PM - 8:30 PM EDT
Amie Hamlin, executive director of the Coalition for Healthy School Food, will discuss the 'whys' and 'hows' of changing how schools feed kids.
School meals fall under federal laws. Within existing laws, there is plenty of room for positive change. Amie will talk about some of the changes that they have been able to achieve, and how you can get involved in creating change where you live.
The Coalition for Healthy School Food (CHSF) is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit that introduces plant-based foods and nutrition education in schools to educate the whole school community about the health, environmental, and social justice issues of our food choices.
CHSF created the Cool School Food program, to promote plant-based entrees to be served at lunch. Cool School Food features recipes from cultures around the world. Since these recipes are plant-based they help keep the planet cool.
CHSF services and initiatives include these and more:
• School Food Environment Assessment
• Wellness Committee Support & Consulting
• Develop & Distribute Plant-Based Entrees
• Help Schools Market Plant-Based Entrees
• Provide "Food UnEarthed: Uncovering the Truth About Food Curriculum for PreK–2"
• Participate in School Health & Wellness Fairs
• Provide Family Dinner Nights – includes plant-based meal, speaker, and children's activities
• Policy Change
School meals fall under federal law. Within existing laws, there is plenty of room for positive change.
MEETUP REGISTRATION: $3
MORE FABULOUS SPEAKERS. TOPICS, and REPLAYS of PAST MEETUPS:
Plant-Powered: An Extraordinary Life Virtual Meetups
Ticket Cost: $3