PLEASE READ BEFORE ATTENDING THE CUBE!!!
Due to the current development around Covid-19, we decided to step up the safety measures for our events. This is to keep everyone safe and to avoid spreading the virus, but also to ensure that we don't get shut down and that we can continue having our events.
- If you feel unwell and have cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay at home.
- VERY IMPORTANT!!!
If you have come from overseas recently, do not attend any event.
- We have a strict limit of 30 people per event.
- At the event you need to sign in online using the QR code provided with your name and your phone number.
- Regularly use hand sanitizer which will be provided. Use it especially before entering, after being in the cube, and before aswell as after handling equipment.
- Please refrain from hugging at the event and be a role model for others.
- Please maintain social distancing and respect other people’s space. This includes bystanders.
- Masks are not yet compulsory but please feel free to bring your own mask if you would like to wear one.
We will leave the level of outreach you conduct at your own discretion. If you feel comfortable having a conversation, please do so. If you would prefer to just give someone a smile & a leaflet at an arm's length, then that is perfectly fine too. 😊
The Cube of Truth is a peaceful static demonstration aimed at informing the public about the plight of non-human animals in Australia, specifically in our agricultural system.
The Cube of Truth is modeled after a variety of similar demonstrations around the world, but uses a unique tower structure created right here in Sydney. In addition to volunteer-held screens, the tower includes multiple elevated screens, enabling greater visibility and the ability to show multiple streams of footage when viewed from a single vantage point.
Outreachers discuss the footage with interested members of the public using a combination of the Socratic method and a values-based discussion in an effort to lead them to the only natural and logical conclusion – a personal commitment to veganism or a guided 3-week plant-based diet (https://challenge22.com/).
All participants are passionate vegan volunteers who believe in making a meaningful change in the world. To join, simply come along to the cube and introduce yourself – we will be more than happy to provide further information. All you need to bring is a passion for the animals and, subsequently, a passion for creating the social change required for their liberation.
Also, please wear preferably black or dark clothing for a more unified appearance.
Hoping to see you there!👋😁